Monday, June 7, 2010

New Orleans...


^Train in to NOLA^

Off to New Orleans... I met a great guy from NYC named Ed who loved music. I gave him the new CD's. We get to N.O. around seven and I jump out the train and start hustling. I walk from the station all the way to the French Quarter. Bookin'... I get to my hotel, The St. Ann, which is one block off Bourbon St. and one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. Too bad I can't spend much time in it. Off in to the madness I must go...

I start the night by having dinner at Oceana. Not bad, great seafood. I then walk all of Bourbon and get turned off by its insanity. Meanwhile a little earlier, Jessica Pawli texts me saying, "If your in NO, go see my friend in Uptown." So I thinks, hell yes, something different. So I took a cab Uptown, which I've never really took advantage of in my past visits to NOLA. I'm glad I did though, because uptown is a really nice and different side of N.O. The Maple Leaf is THE spot, where the Joe Krown Trio, with Walter "Wolfman" Washington & Russell Batiste are playing. It was really good music, very inspiring, and funky as hell. I end up meeting all of these people in the joint, one happens to be the sound man named Jayhoo, so I start talking to him about music and why I'm traveling. I give him a few CD's and he asks if I'd like to hear the Recipe CD played in the club after the band is done. I tell him "hell yes, I hadn't referenced the CD on a club system yet." It's a good thing we did, because the Recipe CD needs another mix or two. Before the band is done though, this place feeds everybody, for free. The biggest, one room, small setting, seafood boil I've ever seen. For FREE! I was blown away, but still very hungry for it's yummyness. It seemed that the few Recipe songs that were played, got a good response. Few people were shaking around and nodding their heads, which is a good sign. I was just shocked to hear it in this environment.


^Joe Krown Trio^


I head back to the French Quarter and walk down Bourbon one more time. Still insanity at 3am, and no look of it stopping. I'm glad I decided to grab a few drinks for the road and thats why I'm now sitting by the pool at my hotel, smack in the middle of The French Quarter, catching up on some Hotel investment relaxation, then hence, here is the blog. It is late now though and I need to get up to see the rest of the city early tomorrow before I catch the train. G'night for now NOLA, and off to Austin, Texas tomorrow. Boston wins game 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment