Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Austin, Texas



After a hellish trip through the bayou, on in to Texas, and layover in San Antonio, I've reached Austin, Texas. My man Sam picks me up from the station and we go straight to the nearest Tex-Mex restaurant, TC's or something. Had a few tortillas mixed with a few different filling, one of them being brisket. Never had a Texas brisket taco. It was a first, and also super delicious. After a tour of the downtown area, a pre mapping of the scene, and stroll through the University of Texas. We headed up to the Lake Travis Area of Austin. This was one area that I never thought existed in Texas. The hills were large and the valleys steep and filled with large houses that looked like castles. It reminded me of what areas near Monaco looks like and areas in Greece near the water... Here's a pic of Sam and I overlooking Lake Travis:




Austin definitely lived up to its name. It IS the live music capital of the world. There's no comparison. There has to be at least 50 live music venues all going off at one time. Then, at least half of those venues have 2 or 3 stages inside. It's quite ridiculous. It just so happened to be the Rally Of Texas biker rally in Austin this weekend. So, it felt like Daytona bike week mixed with the craziest Rock & Roll scenario that you could imagine. I'm not joking when I say it was insanity. It's a very beautiful city filled with a lot of weird and beautiful stuff, not even including the politics, which is a whole'nother story.





I think I got a lot accomplished here. Lots of good food, tons of great venues, and good peoples all around. I'm now gonna start judging people on how they are in a BBQ situation. Austin passes with flying colors! ;) Very giving and friendly people all around. I am now planning on coming back through Austin because we must tour through there. It would be stupid not to. Off to San Antonio and LA I must go, for now. Boston wins, leads Series 3-2...



No comments:

Post a Comment