Monday, June 7, 2010

D.C. by day...



^ Joop and I with his New Sexy Yellow Rental... Yum. ^

Yeah, so I've been slacking heavy on the blog and keeping up. Pretty typical, but I really haven't had the time, or access to the proper internet connection. Whatever, silly excuse. Anyways...

Washington DC is such a vibrant city. You instantly get a crazy sensation when you first step foot in the city. I ended up spending the first night in DC with my good friend Sean Joop. He's working for the Government pulling off some crazy undercover brother, behind the scenes business. Anyway, we just took it easy, caught up, Joop cooked some deliciousness that had been marinating for three days, well worth the wait, watched Goonies, joked around like we's little kids again. Very good times...
We called it a night early cause people gotta work in the morning and good night we went. Lakers take game 1...


Next morning I take a rush hour trip to Andrews Air Force Base with Joop, then hop the metro right outside of it, while he goes to work. I start the "sites" day out by getting all caught up at the Amtrak ticket window fighting for a ticket. Apparently my reservation didn't work, whatever, same B.S.. After having to call corporate
Amtrak multiple times I finally won and they got me the train ticket. (Note for future travelers: Make reservations for each stop asap...)

I had myself some Breakfast and headed in to the city, starting with a quick trip to the Sirius XM building. I was hoping to have a tour, but they don't like my kind around there, so I just kept walking... Joop, fresh off his James Bond mission to some small country embassy down on Massachusetts Ave, picked me up from Sirius XM and dropped me in front of the Verizon Center, where the Wizards and Capitols play. Craisins are delicious. I decided to walk to the National Mall from there, stopping in a few places on the way.


First stop, The Recording Industry's Association main headquarters to see what they had to say. Turns out they didn't have much to say. It's probably because they just didn't like me, because I talked security in to letting me up there just to look around. Pretty funny. So after this receptionbiatch basically kicked me out, I took my business elsewhere.

I then stop in to the Ford Theatre where Lincoln got shot, which was a very nice place, then walked over to the house where they dragged Lincoln to die, so he would "die in a respectable place". Or so says an usher from the theatre. I guess it's because he was at a comedy show. Doesn't mix... I finally make it to the mall and decide to walk it in its entirety. From one end to the other, and back... The Freer Art Museum, Smithsonian Art, History, and Air & Space Museums, The Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, (Which by the way is astonishing), Reflection Pool, Traffic, some random park with a lake, The Capitol Building, then right in to Union Station to catch the train to ATL. It was a very hot, sunny, and sweaty day, but also educational and very much worth all of the rush. After a few slices of Sbarro's pizza I instantly pass out with the subtle vibrations of the train...






No comments:

Post a Comment